OOC: Please note this thread is In-Character (IC), and all posts should be made with the upcoming role-play "The Importance of Eating Earnestly" in-mind. Nations who wish to participate must beforehand let me know they're joining in the OOC thread, while ensuring that they give me the name and title of their foreign minister. Once I have posted the invitation to your minister, please respond IC. You may receive additional correspondences.
Invitation addressed to the foreign ministry of Annaxes.
Invitation addressed to the foreign ministry of Ceni.
Invitation addressed to the foreign ministry of Elonador.
Invitation addressed to the foreign ministry of Feebland.
The Principality of the Jasminia Islands Pradhānatā Chāmeliyā Ṭāpuharu
To whoever it may concern
It is my pleasure to inform you that the Jasminian representative at His Most Royal Majesty King Aubrey the Dragonheart' dinner will be Her Majesty Crown Princess Ārohi also known as the Yuwarāgyi. Please find attached information about Her Majesty.
Charlotte Grimes Foreign Secretary
Her Majesty Crown Princess Ārohi Unako Mahānatā Yuwarāgyi Ārohi
Her Majesty Crown Princess Ārohi is the Monarch and Head of State of the Jasminia Islands. Although the monarchy in the Jasminia Islands is purely symbolic, Her Majesty is considerably more popular amongst her people than the government. She is oft credited for modernising the Jasminian Royal Family, while preserving the norms and traditions of the native Chāmeliyāli culture. When Her Majesty arrives at the dinner, there is a large chance that Her Majesty will His Most Royal Majesty with a gift and bow and kiss the ground at his feet. We humbly ask that His Most Royal Majesty does not try and stop Her Majesty as this is the most significant Chāmeliyāli way of showing respect. We must also humbly request that Her Majesty is not served any goat dishes as this would violate a Rāja Pratigyā or Promise of the King. Thousands of years ago before the Jasminia Islands were set foot on by Western discoverers, a King was hunting in the mountains when he heard a goat crying. He looked up to find the goat and saw behind it there was a landslide coming down. The King found shelter in time but the goat perished. To show his gratitude to the goat for saving his life, he vowed that no Chāmeliyāli would ever eat goat.
Post by United Democracy of Scientists on Jul 1, 2014 5:51:34 GMT
From the United Democracy of Scientists Committee of Foreign Affairs:
To the offices of His Majesty King Aubrey the Dragonheart,
The Combined Assemblies have received your invitation and have dispatched me as their chosen representative of the UDS. I am honored to be able to attend such an esteemed occasion in the nation that my own worked to award the SLU's highest honor to.
With great wishes, Richard Dyson Head of the United Democracy of Scientists Committee of Foreign Affairs Representative within the Combined Assemblies of Civil Affairs and Research
"Mentibus nos et sidera inveniamus."
"With our minds, we may find ourselves and the stars."
The Federal Republic of Anaaxes Department of Foreign Affairs
To His Most Royal Majesty, King Aubrey the Dragonheart:
I wish to inform you that the President, Mr. Jacob N. Blatchford, and myself, intend on attending your dinner on the second of July. We would both like to extend our deepest thanks and appreciation for inviting us to such a splendid gathering. Respectfully,
We the cabinet of the Socialist Republic of Elonador thank you kindly for your invitation to this event. Our newly appointed ambassador to your great country, Cattus Marius, will be dispatched to attend. We look forward to an occasion that will strengthen relations between our two sovereign nations and foster friendship between our administrations.
United Federation of Newhalla Ministry of Foreign Affairs
To the Honourable and Royal Sir of whom I have the Honour of Addressing: King Aubrey the Dragonheart
It is my honour to accept the invitation to this great gathering.
It is my hope that His Most Royal Majesty might be willing to assist me in more personal matter. The fact is there is a noticeable lack of brandy in Newhalla. Avaerilon is widely known for it's Brandy, at least in Newhalla. If theres time for SLU most famous monarch to share his vast knowledge in this crucial matter, i would be grateful.
Signed Eiphyr vad Geldmorhen Supreme chairman of the Newhallan Parliament
Post by Northern Inertia on Jul 1, 2014 17:22:04 GMT
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Democratic Republic of Northern Inertia Enniskean
To the Honourable and Royal Sir of whom I have the Honour of Addressing
The President of the Democratic Republic of Northern Inertia, Frederic Oestrond, gratefully accepts the invitation extended to him by His Most Royal Majesty, King Aubrey the Dragonheart, to attend the dinner at Nericawt Cawdarglan in celebration of the Social Liberal Union. The President has authorised me to express his gratitude for the invitation, and his keen anticipation of what will no doubt be a successful and pleasurable evening.
Eric Trioglio Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Democratic Republic of Northern Inertia
Former acting WA Delegate, former Speaker of the Union, former Minister of Foreign Affairs
"I must say my thoughts wandered, but I kept turning the pages and watching the light fade, which in Peckwater, my dear, is quite an experience..."
Post by Free Newdepolderian States on Jul 1, 2014 18:00:38 GMT
From the Foreign Council of the Republic of Free Newdepolderian States Van de Buitenlandse Beleid Raad van de Republiek van Vrije Nieuwedepolderisch Staten
To His Most Royal Majesty King Aubrey the Dragonheart of the Magnificent Kingdom of Avaerilon-
Let me first thank Your Majesty for the most kind invitation. We are most honoured that Your Majesty would consider inviting Newdepolderian representatives into Your Majesty's great hall. Thus, it is my great pleasure to inform Your Majesty that we will be sending three representatives; Patriarch Garrett van de Polder VI, Advisor Adriaan Frieser, and myself, Director-General Maarten van Rijn. Information about each representative can be found attached. We are each very excited to meet Your Majesty and the other representatives in attendance, and look forward to the dinner. With great sincerity, Maarten van Rijn Director-General of Foreign Policy
To His Most Royal Majesty, King Aubrey the Dragonheart
Dear gracious and most noble Sir,
Words cannot convey the wholeness of my gratitude that you should be so thoughtful to consider my small, humble nation to be represented at your dinner. It is nothing less than an honour to not only meet you but to dine with you also. I must say that the wisdom and integrity of your reign has been noted greatly in the Jasminia Islands and you are most certainly one of the most well respected monarchs in the multiverse. I am most thrilled at the prospect of visiting your vast and wondrous nation. I have heard many tales of how splendorous the mountains look when the sun's virgin rays do shine upon them in radiant glory. And I am of course most delighted to meet your own self and to share with you, monarch to monarch, the marvels of our nations. I hope in time too, that you yourself will one day grace my tranquil islands with your esteemed presence. May God preserve you 'til we meet in time, With blessings of love and peace,
It is truly an honour to receive a letter from the King of Avaerilon himself. I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the attendees to the event. I look forward to an event that will showcase the prestige and prosperity of your nation.
To King Aubrey of Avaerilon It is an honor to be invited to this diplomatic event. I, Minister of Foreign Affairs and one of the main leaders of Zunkwentania will be attending. We sincerely hope your nation will continue to prosper.
As the Federal Democratic Republic of Ceni wishes for more cordial relationship with Avaerilon, and with its fellow members of the Social Liberal Union, we would be honored to accept your invitation to this dinner. As head of state Kyn Tucin unfortunately came down with a cold recently, we feel that Minister of Foreign Affairs Obiid Valtan would be the most appropriate choice to represent Ceni at this dinner. Please send our regards.
Sincerely, Obiid Valtan Minister of Foreign Affairs
Post by Kingdom of Grolsch on Jul 4, 2014 18:58:36 GMT
The Most Excellent King Aubrey the Dragonheart,
The Kingdom of Grolsch gladly accepts your invitation.
Pörru Prodent Senior Protocol Officer Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Temporary Speaker of the Union (October '16). Former Executive Justice (Aug '14 - Aug '16), Delegate (1.5 terms), Deputy & Minister of Immigration, Deputy of FA & retired CUS Chief at Ministry of Defence
Chef Casradon Elomenyl is honoured to be serving food to the fine persons tonight, and offers all guests of His Majesty to peruse the following menu at their leisure.
• Dunaemairan summer vegetable broth, made with peas, potatoes, carrots, broad beans, asparagus and celery
• A fresh Arnalorian garden salad, made with cos lettuce, lamb’s lettuce, radicchio, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado
• A traditional Fereldonian salmon salad, with fresh smoked salmon, watercress, gem lettuce, lemon wedges and cucumber
• Finest Morrowish scrib jelly on toast, with marshmerrow
• A medley of lightly-fired Feebish seafood, including king prawns and soft-shell crabs, served with lemon butter
• Cyrodiilic cream of asparagus soup
• Forlindonian cream of mushroom soup
• Finest mackerel pate on brown toast
• Old-aged mārmyet on toast
• Toscalian brascodomad, similar to bruschetta, made with olive-oil infused bread, tomatoes, garlic, onion and basil
• Avalonian coddled eggs; poached egg cooked over smoked salmon, with fennel and watercress, served with freshly-buttered bread
• A light fish chowder, made form haddock, cod, prawn, crab and mud crab
MAIN COURSES:Please note all salads in the starters section are available as side dishes to main courses.
• Goncaran spanakopita, a filo pastry encasing spinach and cheese, with lemon butter asparagus, butter beans and rocket
• Prime-aged gaur fillet steak, served in a shein sauce with ash yams, carrots and shallots
• Finely-matured Fereldonian beef fillet steak, served in a fine beef jus with lightly fried potatoes, green beans, carrots and watercress
• Fresh-caught fillet of salmon, served with seasonal vegetables in a lemon butter sauce
• Grilled cheese and vegetable-stuffed mushroom, served in a vegetable jus with seasonal vegetables
• Seared swordfish steak with a white wine sauce and seasonal vegetables
• Astel (similar to pasta) flutes served in a tomato and basil sauce with grated hard cheese
• Astel with an olive and red-wine and tomato sauce, served with grated cheese, anchovy fillets and tuna pieces
• Astel shells in a fine green postel (pesto), with chicken pieces and topped with baked buffalo cheese, served straight from the oven
• Roast Avaerilonian chicken breasts, served in a meat jus, with rosemary potatoes, parsnip and seasonal vegetables
• Pan-fried Cernhastil sole, served on a bed of watercress and mushrooms, with a butter sauce and seasonal vegetables
• Flambéed breast of pheasant in a fine red wine sauce, served with shallot onions, mushrooms and carrots
• Stuffed peppers, made with pearl rice, buffalo cheese, herbs and chilli, served with a salad garnish
• Roast crown of duck with a shein sauce, mushrooms, parsnip and carrots
• Butterbean, kidney bean, haricot bean and pinto bean stew, made additionally with onion, tomato and garlic, served with freshly-baked bread
• Royal lobster served with a white wine jus, golden-fried potatoes and seasonal vegetables
• Lightly-fried garlic mushrooms with fine pearl rice, green beans and asparagus
• Roast Dunaemairan side of beef with a creamy, savoury pearl-barley porridge and seasonal vegetables
• Venprīsa (pizza-like food), available in classic buffalo cheese, tomato and basil guise, or with anchovies, tuna and olives, or fresh vegetables, or fine smoked ham and mushrooms
• An Avaerilonian Caesar salad, with pan-friend then roasted chicken breast pieces, romaine lettuce, anchovies, fresh Caesar dressing, plum tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and lime wedges
• Summer fruits crumble, served with fresh Avalonian cream, vanilla and blueberry ice cream, or custard
• Slice of either apple, rhubarb, cherry or gooseberry pie, served with fresh Avalonian cream, vanilla ice cream, or custard
• A selection of fine fruit sorbets, served with Avaerilonian curled biscuits and a fruit garnish; available flavours are white spearmint, green mint, raspberry, strawberry, sanguinello, lemon, lime, blackcurrant, redcurrant, blackberry, peach, mango, watermelon and passion fruit
• Freshly-made vanilla slice, with a fine fruit garnish and ice cream or cream
• A rich, chocolate-truffle marble cake, served with either fresh Avalonian cream or ice cream
• Authentic Mournhould coffee cake, made with fine coffee beans and extract, hazelnut praline, crème fraiche and chocolate
• Setronīdda; a light, fluffy lemon curd-like mixture, made with yoghurt, eggs and fresh lemons, chilled, served on a brandy-caramel biscuit base with a bouquet of physalus
• La Piece de la Résistance: Emethwȳl, a deliciously decadent dessert composed of rich, Avaerilonian puff-pastry, with hazelnut praline in-between each individual layer of rhubarb, one equally thick one of rich, vanilla custard, and a smaller one near the top filled with a blend of chopped almonds, cream, malt and Cyrodiilic brandy (atholmerys). This light, fluffy layer is topped by a thin layer of more pastry, which is iced and then criss-crossed with chocolate glaze, before being topped with raspberries, cape gooseberries and then a little brandy glaze, with a “well” of brandy at the top. Served alight
A variety of cheese from around the world have been selected for after desert. The selection includes Social Liberal Union produce in Avaerilonian and Zunkwentanian cheeses. All cheeses are available on cream crackers, rye bread, oat cakes, or spelt crackers, alongside olives, grapes, smoked salmon, smoked ham, crumbed ham and aged beef.
STRENGTH GUIDE: 1- Very mild 2- Mild 3- Medium 4- Stronger 5- Very strong
• 1993 Acaron Eredlanil Sancte Emelon- a fine, aged Sancte Emelon from the area of the same name in southern Avalon. Nose of fine old leather, subtle wood and cherry, with a fine, balanced toasted flavour with winter fruits and perfume.
• 1997 Acaron Stenllaern - an excellent bodlen grape wine from a respectable acaron in the Cornlasyeth area, best-known for the brandy of the same name. Full-bodied and rich flavours of currant and cherry, with a nose of subtle pine and leather.
• 2000 Acaron Marrodel Syrile Wīld Nyrmeln - the West Weald of Cyrodiil is famous for its fresh, fruity wines, and the Syrile brothers’ acaron is the most famous acraon of them all. An excellent vintage, full and fresh flavours of spice, fruits and earth, with a delightful nose.
• 2005 Acaron Mwnmoth Shein- from the West Gash of Morrowind, this excellent and characterful shein is rich in flavour, with rose, leather, summer fruits and sandalwood aplenty.
• 1987 Acaron Wendonel Gondlonīn- the most famous wine of Arnalor, Gondlonīn comes from the sunny and fertile area of southern Gondolin, and the sun can be tasted in this delightful, aged and much sought-after vintage, with fine flavours of “the saddle,” old woods, a toasted quality and rich red fruits.
• 1963 Acaron D’Ablonne Indarīnel- Forlindon is known for its excellent wines, and this Indarīnel, from the western foothills of the Indar (Puprle) Mountains is not to disappoint; old age have allowed fine flavours of a matured, toasted red to develop, with a supple fruitiness and earth characterful to the area. Possibly the best wine of the 20th Century.
• 2007 Acaron Audoté Careno Nodeli- Toscalia’s favoured wine among connoisseurs, this punchy, rustic and unpretentious red is full of deep flavours that linger long into the aftertaste, with friendly fruits and earth abound.
• 2010 Acaron Modbel Brandwenel- a fine, mildly-buttery Brandwenel with a subtly fruity taste and clean flavour
• 2011 Acaron Meletoc Gwenmiril- a crisp, fine white with excellent melon and oak flavours
• 2012 Acaron Elondel Elrondil- one of Arnalor’s most respected vineyards, Acaron Elondel specialises in this gorgeous, subtle white, with green, ripe flavours
• 2009 Acaron Audoté Carneo di Creso- melon, elderflower and cork engorge the palette, and an almost spicy, herbaceous aftertaste make this Carneo di Creso an award-winner