Medieval Total War Mod: SLUMod Mar 1, 2019 8:14:00 GMT
Post by Harndon on Mar 1, 2019 8:14:00 GMT
So, for a fair while now I've had this mod, but have only recently developed it to a stage which I'm happy for others to play.
Although the map is of Europe (when the new regional map is finished, I'll look into ways of transferring that into a medieval 2 format), you can play as some SLU factions:
- Kanoria: Strong naval units and technology (especially siege engines). Limited cavalry, and units tend to be smaller and high cost. Best in snow, good in woods, terrible in hot climates.
- Harndon: Good selection of light, fast infantry and cavalry. Lacking in siege equipment and heavy troops. Best in woods, good in snow, terrible in hot climates.
Both campaign and battles are enabled. Multiplayer is a thing: battles and a kind of multiplayer campaign, where each player takes their turn, and emails the save file over to the next player. This takes a while, though it is good for us who don't have the time/energy to commit to an hour or more at a time.
If you don't have medieval 2, don't worry! There's civ4/5 mods of mine out there, and if you want one for your nation, I can do that too. Also Medieval 2's really quite cheap...
If you want your nation to be added to this mod, give me a shout over TG/Discord and we'll see what we can do.
The link to the zipped mod file is here.
- Download 7-zip file. This may take a long time: do it overnight!
- Use 7-zip (a free software if you don't already have it) to extract the file into the Medieval2/mods directory
- On steam (presuming you got the game that way), right click on Medieval 2 in your library display. Click properties. Select launch options. Paste this in the box: --features.mod=mods/name_of_the_mod_folder
If you have any problems, don't hesitate to let me know.