SLU Free Travel Area May 8, 2013 16:35:44 GMT
Post by Avaerilon on May 8, 2013 16:35:44 GMT
The Social Liberal Union Free Travel Area
I have called this conference to discuss the possibility of a free-travel area in the SLU. This would allow citizens of signatory states to travel across the region without the need for a VISA, or other official documentation save their passport, or equivalent identification. This would, my government believes, lead to closer co-operation between the states of the region, and allow for easier exchange of cultures.
Before any proposal is drafted formally, we seek fellow signators to this agreement, as well as input on the agreement's content from fellow SLUan states.
As for my own government's input, the following are proposals made by Avaerilon and her allies:
- Any citizen from a signatory state not deemed a serious security threat, or wanted for a felony, is permitted to travel to any signatory state
- No signatory state shall prevent any citizen, save such persons as mentioned above, from doing so
- Border staff in signatory states shall only require the passport, or other equivalent documentation to hereby be recognised of a citizen from a fellow signatory state upon entering and/or leaving a signatory state
- Citizens travelling to another signatory state may spend up to three months in their destination country without need of any permit
- Citizens travelling to another signatory state may be required by their destination country to apply for an official permit to say in the afore-mentioned nation longer than three months
- Carrier services, of land, sea, or air, shall not impose additional duties, fares, or fees upon passengers seeking to travel to another signatory state
- Citizens seeking to travel to a signatory state are not required to apply in-advance for permission to travel to their destination country